When: Wed., June 14, 2017
Time: 11:00AM PDT | 2:00PM EDT
Where: Online: At your desk
There are two principle candidates for 56Gbps data transmission: NRZ and PAM4. Channel loss and reflections will be the principle challenge for utilizing NRZ signaling to transmit 56Gbps data with an acceptable Bit Error Ratio (BER). PAM 4 will likely be NRZ’s successor to achieve 56Gbps error free data transmission. PAM4 and NRZ signaling are substantially different while having substantially the same concerns when it comes to characterizing system performance from a simple set of metrics.
This webinar will explore the acquisition and analysis of PAM4 waveforms.
Register for the Webinar
PAM4 Analysis and Measurement Considerations
• Overview of PAM4 signaling and analysis
• Measuring the eye closure of the upper, middle, and lower PAM4 eye patterns in voltage and time
• Jitter decomposition, data dependent jitter, intersymbol interference, predicting eye closure as a function of BER
• Vertical noise decomposition, level measurements, linear equalization
• RLM (linearity), SNDR (signal-to-noise-and-distortion-ratio), informative tests, and more.
Presented by Mike Hertz, Senior Field Applications Engineer at Teledyne LeCroy
Cost: Free to attend, registration is required