When: Tues., April 16, 2019
Time: 10:00AM - 1:00PM
Where: Teledyne LeCroy
27007 Hills Tech Court
Farmington Hills, MI 48331
Before using an ESD gun, surge generator, or EFT generator for EMC testing, the wave shape of the transient simulator must first be validated using an oscilloscope.
Join us for this seminar as we uncover oscilloscope tools that can assist with advanced and more accurate transient simulation characterization methods using oscilloscopes for EMC testing, including several overlooked aspects which can significantly impact signal integrity and EMC measurement results.
Measurements included in our discussion will be:
- EMC Measurement Categories and Requirements
- Conducted Immunity Testing Requirements and Pulse Measurement Definitions
- ESD Threshold Selection
- Level-After-Pulse, Time-To-Value, and Parameter Limiters
- ESD Verification and Test Setup
- ISO10605:2008 Consecutive Parameter Trending
- Sample Rate and Dynamic Range Impact on ESD Pulse Measurements
- Surge Testing and Charge Calculation
- Electrical Fast Transient (EFT) Debugging Techniques Using Segmented Memory
- Radiated Immunity Testing
- Application Example: Voltage Testing Below Battery Level
- Application Example: ESD RC Time Constant Measurement
- Application Notes and Summary
Presenter: Mike Hertz, Sr. Field Applications Engineer, Teledyne LeCroy
Cost: FREE, registration is required to hold your seat.
EMC, EMI, & ESD Testing
PLEASE NOTE: All visitors must provide valid government photo identification prior to gaining access to a Teledyne facility. This can be in the form of a driver's license or passport.