This webinar was originally held on November 30, 2022.
Jitter University Webinar Series
Confused about jitter? Did someone’s explanation of jitter create more questions than answers? If so, join Teledyne LeCroy as we teach everything about jitter – what jitter is, different categories, instruments used, measurements and views, deconvolution and extrapolation, and more. Click here to access the entire series.
Part 7: Advanced Course on Serial Data Jitter Measurements
In this session our technical expert dives deeper into the various measured and extrapolated jitter views, explain statistical and time-varying views of jitter in serial data link margins as viewed with an eye diagram.
Topics to be covered in this webinar:
- Using S-parameters to characterize serial data links
- Using serial data link emulation and equalization tools
- Impact of phase-locked loop (PLL) settings on clock data recovery (CDR) performance
- Real-world simulations to illustrate impact of various jitter components
- Measurement differences for various serial data standards
Who should attend? Any electrical engineer who is designing, validating or debugging systems with high-speed serial data links.
What attendees will learn? Attendees will learn how to interpret and correlate high jitter values to visual eye diagram representations of serial data and how to use various link analysis tools to assess real-world link performance.
Presented by: Alan Blankman, Ph.D, Senior Software Engineer