This webinar was originally held on August 25, 2022.
Oscilloscope Coffee Break Webinar Series
Join Teledyne LeCroy for this 30-minute Oscilloscope Coffee Break Series to remind us how to get the most test and debug capability from our oscilloscopes. Grab your refreshment and spend a few minutes with us as we focus on a specific topic each month. Click here to access the entire series.
Part 8: How to Use an Oscilloscope as a Serial Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) for Validation and Debug
In this webinar we describe how the oscilloscope may be used to extract analog data values from serial data digital messages for the purposes of validating and debugging digital data transmissions. We will show you how to plot the analog data values as waveforms and use those plots to understand embedded digital data.
Topics to be covered in this webinar:
- What is an oscilloscope software serial DAC?
- Advantages of representing digital data as an analog waveform plot
- How to extract digital data to analog values
- How to confirm correct transmission of data payload
- How to understand propagation delay of analog inputs to converted digital data
- Examples include CAN speed information and I2C temperature data
Presented by: Ken Johnson, Teledyne LeCroy