This webinar was originally held on November 2, 2022.
How to De-embed and Emulate Serial Data Links Using Oscilloscopes
Join Teledyne LeCroy to learn about the various oscilloscope de-embedding and embedding/emulation techniques for high-speed serial data links, interconnects, and channels and oscilloscope probes. We will discuss the various types of tools commonly available in high-bandwidth oscilloscopes, such as de-embedding and emulation, using s-parameter measurement files or circuit models.
Topics to be covered in this webinar:
- S-parameters – what they are and what they tell us
- De-embedding probe loading
- Eliminating probing reflections using virtual probing
- Understanding the impact of losses, loading and impairments on signals
- Using netlists and s-parameters to model complex networks
Who should attend? Design and validation engineers characterizing or debugging serial data links and serial data channels.
What attendees will learn? How to model and account for probe loading, and interconnect effects on signals and measurements.
Presented by: Mark Graumlich, Teledyne LeCroy Field Applications Engineer