This webinar was originally held on September 28, 2023.
Oscilloscope Coffee Break Webinar Series
Join Teledyne LeCroy for this 30-minute Oscilloscope Coffee Break Series to remind us how to get the most test and debug capability from our oscilloscopes. Grab your refreshment and spend a few minutes with us as we focus on a specific topic each month. Click here to access the entire series.
Part 9: How Do I Make a Differential Measurement on an Oscilloscope Using Passive Probes?
Is a differential probe the only way or the best way to make a differential voltage measurement on an oscilloscope? Could two passive probes be used to make a differential voltage measurement?
In this coffee break webinar, we explain how a differential voltage probe works and how two passive probes can be used to make the same type of measurement on an oscilloscope. We’ll also describe the advantages and disadvantages of both approaches to measuring a differential signal on an oscilloscope.
Topics to be covered in this webinar:
- What is a differential voltage probe?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a differential voltage probe?
- How can two passive probes be used to measure a differential signal?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using two passive probes to measure a differential signal?
- Comparisons of a differential probe to two passive probes
Presented by: Jonathan Shechter, Product Marketing Engineer